[DVDnav-discuss] quick explanation needed

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu Jul 19 09:57:00 CEST 2007

gui42 at free.fr wrote:

>Good morning
>
>As I compiled mplayer this weekend, I discovered dvdnav was under work again, so
>tried it.
>It compiles well (just one weird thing is that configure is called configure2),
>but it doesn't work any better with mplayer :

there's been a considerable amount of cleanup and several bugfixes
related to seeking

>I install libdvdnav on its own (making a package), and I then compile mplayer
>(for which I have to modify configure, line 7308, replace minilibs by libs,
>otherwise mplayer couldn't find dvdnav) but I get messages complaining that it
>can't find some reference in a function (sorry I didn't copy the messages).

you did the wrong thing. I modified mplayer to use dvdnav-config --minilibs
for a very good reason (remove the embedded dvdread and permit to
use the system-wide one, more likely to be up to date).
You must have configured mplayer incorrectly, read configure.log to see
why dvdnav wasn't enabled

>Could you please just modify the Install file so that everybody could know if
>there is anything special to do to compile libdvdnav itself and/or mplayer ?
>
>Thanks for your good work anyway,
>
>Have a nice day,
>
>Guillaume

ok

 Sponsor:
 Prestiti personali fino a 30.000 Euro. Clicca qui per un preventivo immediato, richiedi subito l’importo e la rata che desideri!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6833&d=19-7