[DVDnav-discuss] dvdnav_sector_search() bugs

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:07:55 CEST 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:07:36 +0300 (EEST)
Gospodin Gyurov <ggurov at abv.bg> wrote:

> I think also 'offset' have to be of type uint32_t, no need of uint64_t.
> Especially when dvdnav_get_position() returns uint32_t as now.

The seek functions usually use off_t as parameter, but this breaks ABI
easily as it's 32-bit or 64-bit depending on the defines passed during
built on GNU and Solaris libraries (it's always 64-bit on modern *BSD).
BY using uint64_t, it is way more likely to be ABI-compatible with
other seek functions and thus it can be used transparently.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/