[DVDnav-discuss] libdvdnav vs. libdvdnav2

SciFi sci-fi at hush.ai
Mon Apr 30 13:55:16 CEST 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:18:30 +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Andreas Öman wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Just our of curiosity.
>> Whats the difference between these two? Do we need to keep both around?
>>
>> /Andreas
>
> after a very short look libdvdnav2 - to me - seems to be behind
> libdvdnav, but Scifi claims that it's the only one that compiles in OSX

not quite what I said   ;)
let me clarify better:
the xine-lib project needs libdvdnav2
(missing symbols in the non-2 version including your fork)
else xine-lib's configure will use its own internal dvdnav.
both dvdnavs compile fine here.

also I definitely remember switching to dvdnav2 as the basis for
mplayer's internal version, I was very much keeping track of what
was going on earlier this year / late last year in this area
when you-all brought it in-house so to speak.  ;)

now ... I'm trying to remember where we left off, what was next
we need to test & whatever...