[DVDnav-discuss] Don't use raw UDF access for mounted non-encrypted DVDs

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:53:57 CEST 2007

I'm attaching a patch applied to xine's libdvdnav that is designed to
let libdvdnav decide to use the file access rather than the raw access
to non-encrypted DVDs if they are mounted, to workaround buggy DVDs
where the filesystem is simple ISO9660 rather than UDF.

Before you shoot at me, I am not the author of this patch, and I don't
like it at all: first it tries to make transparent an opaque type of
another library, which is bad on its own, but it also ends up vastly
depending on the ABI remaining constant in libdvdcss, which is not
something that is guaranteed at all since it's dynamic loaded.

I'm sending this just for knowledge, I'd like to see if someone else
has a clue how to implement this same feature in a less nasty way.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/