[BoW] r14 - trunk/video_coding/qns.txt

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Oct 15 17:35:37 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 01:20:07PM -0200, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> There is a target audience defined which expects a minimum knowledge
> (so some of these questions I asked here don't really have to be
> explained in details), but the text in this book is becoming very
> terse.

Your questions are good but I doubt anything that people commit now and
in the near future is anything but a rough draft and will miss a lot of
details.
Also several of the things you mentioned like Trellis is almost certai
to belong in a separate chapter or at least section.

> Text like this might scare people away...

Well, I fear we do not have the option to start with a perfectly written
book which we can then drag down to our level, so unless we wanted to
write it "in secret" we'll have to expect it to be scary for quite a
while longer.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger