[MPlayer-users] Playing (one large) WAV/MP3/... and a corresponding .cue-sheet?

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Thu Aug 13 13:14:28 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-13 11:55, Christian wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de>
> wrote:
>> So no reason to not rip to bin instead of wav.
>>
> Except that I have no known way of converting bin/cue to MP3 (besides
> maybe having a completed rip, then "mounting" that rip somehow, bit
> that won't let me play it while I rip it.

The essence is, if I am correctly: Is it possible to rip while the music
is playing?

If that is what is wanted, then I doubt it. Mainly beceause ripping and
playing are done at different speeds. What you perhaps try to do is play
the CD and then catch the sound and rip that at the same time.

As you just capture input, you do not have the difference between the
songs hence the big wav file.

What you could do is the following (not exactly what you want) is to rip
the first song. As soon as that is done, start playing that song. and
start ripping the next one. Add the second song to the queue of mplayer
and so on till the last one.

You will have a delay in the start of playing. You could even increase
the delay by first copying the first song as wav and when the copy is
ready, start playing.

Not sure what the speed is on a RPi, but that might help. What you are
in fact doing is making a cache of the first file and then work from
that.
As you are working from song to song, you do not get one big wav file.

Depending on speed and situation, you could also first rip all the songs
one by one before you start ripping.

That way you have two seperate processes next to each other.
1) Copying the files one by one and playing them
2) Ripping the files to ogg or whatever

In any case, I would aproach it on a song by song basis and not a CD
basis that then becomes song by song.

Kind regards,

houghi