[MPlayer-users] Can I play audio from microphone input with mplayer?

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Mon Jan 20 06:57:47 CET 2014

Le Sun, 19 Jan 2014 11:36:16 -0800 (PST),
James Board <jpboard2 at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> > If your mixer is correctly set up, you don't need to. It will work
> > out of the box with jack. If the mic is connected to another sound
> > card than the one used by jack, you need to
> > set up a bridge. It is different  possibilities (.asoundrc, zita
> > bridges).
>
> What's 'jack'?  Can you give me an example command line?

Nothing, it was a miss understanding, sorry. But that doesn't matter, a
mic input should work out of the box.

> How would I setup my 'mixer'?  What mixer are you talking about?
> I ran alsamixer, but there doesn't seem to be much to do.

It is 2 kinds of settings, volume and switches. Sometime switches are
not simple on/off switches like a mute, but are used to route the pcm
audio signal into the hardware, from one input to one output.

If every thing fail with the alsamixer, this is a another issue. Did
you try with a sound recorder like arecord?

What is the output of

arecord -l

and

arecord -L