[MPlayer-users] Convert variable framerate MP4 to standard MPEG result in A/V sync prb

Jerome / Support PalMeteo jerome at palmeteo.com
Thu Jan 12 16:56:26 CET 2012

Hello All.

I try ro convert my MP4 video (coming from my cellphone). MediaInfo
reports this file use variable framerate (from 19 to 61 fps). The
video stream (mpeg4 visual) as a duration of 15s924ms and the audio
stream as a duration of 16s000ms
(A sample of the MP4 video can be downloaded from a public server if
needed for testing...)

Mplayer plays this file without problem : video and audio are
synchronized. It is reported as a 100fps video.

I want to convert this video to a standard MPEG (for future usage on
DVD), in PAL format (720x576 at 25fps).

I tried several parameters with mencoder (mc 0, harddup, noskip,
demuxer lavf) and basically I got two kind of non-working video :
- the video is faster, and stop playing at about 5s (audio play
normaly, so it stop before the end), then mplayer crash with "[ac3 @
013215a0]incomplete frame"
- the video play normaly but have a duration of 19s. Audio has a
duration of 16s, so it is out of sync

I use Mencoder Sherpya-SVN-r34401-4.6.2 in win32.

I can't find the good combination for correctly encode my video.

Do you have any advices on how to convert variable framerate video to mpeg ?

Thanks in advance.

Jerome.