[MPlayer-users] Capturing from composite using a bktr card on OpenBSD

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:58:23 CET 2012

Hi,

I am using mplayer in combination with a bktr card to play my old sega
megadrive. It works, but something is not quite right:
 - odd "scanlines" across picture.
 - colours are really intense and psychedelic.

I am no expert in video, colour spaces, timings etc, so I can't
provide any decent insight as to why this happens, but I can provide a
couple of screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/7YqqP

The first screenshot is supposed to have a blue background IIRC.

Here is my mplayer command line:
% mplayer -tv driver=bsdbt848: tv://
MPlayer SVN-r33060 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team

Playing tv://.
TV file format detected.
Selected driver: bsdbt848
 name: Brooktree848 Support
 author: Charles Henrich
 comment: in development
START
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 768x576 => 768x576 Packed UYVY
Selected video codec: [rawuyvy] vfm: raw (RAW UYVY)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
V:   0.0 143/143 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0

I am using OpenBSD-current on amd64