[MPlayer-users] Help with 32bit mplayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Sep 18 02:34:01 CEST 2011

On 17 Sep 2011, at 20:46, Deron Kazmaier <deron at pagestream.org> wrote:
> But now when i try and play video to the decklink card, mplayer tells me:
>
> [decklink] Could not find a Decklink device
>
> My only guess is that I need a 32bit kernel module?

Any 64 bit kernel module passing basic quality standards will be able to service both 32 and 64 bit applications. I can't say what the quality of that module is though.

> I can _NOT_ use 32bit verison of the OS, or 64 bit version of mplayer (at least until someone release a 64bit codec for Apple ProRes, sigh...) so please don't suggest that!

Uh, FFmpeg and thus MPlayer since yesterday includes a ProRes decoder.
There is just a bit of a license compatibility issue so I think you'll have to use the proposed patch (see dev-eng list) or hack configure yourself to enable it.