[MPlayer-users] Keeping volume between audio tracks

Vláďa vladovi at atlas.cz
Sun Mar 20 22:51:40 CET 2011

Hello,

I've written a music player which uses MPlayer as a backend. But there
is one major problem I still can't solve. MPlayer resets volume to
maximum before each new track. I searched the internet for hours and
tried many different suggestions but without any success.

I'd like to use the -af volume filter, because I can set the volume in
dB here. AFAIK there are 2 ways to set the volume to a new value:
1) af_switch volume=XX
2) af_cmdline volume XX

Both of them work if a track is playing, but the volume is reset back to
0 when a new track starts.

How can I set volume before playback starts? Thank you.

Vladimir