[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jan 8 21:03:53 CET 2011

Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >> You don't have a choice since there is no feature set C PCI card.
> >> Note that feature set A has no (additional) resolution limitations.
> >
> > How about these? :

I was assuming we are talking about cards for your D510MO, which (please correct
me if I am wrong) does not provide a PCI-E, but a PCI connector. There are two
PCI cards: 8400 GS (feature set B, easy to get) and 9400/9500 (feature set A,
more difficult to get and more expensive).

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo

Information on this site should be ok (G105M and friends are missing because it
is very difficult to know which feature set they are without testing).

> Phony.
>
> There are full sets of cards working with Linux driver and their VDAPU
> feature sets.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/260.19.29/README/supportedchips.html

Information on this site in the "VDPAU features" column is generally (meaning
for the few cases where it is not obvious, but the question arises which feature
set it is) wrong (marketing reasons).

feature set B == some horizontal resolutions are not supported, there is no
work-around.

Carl Eugen