[MPlayer-users] Freeze with radio streams

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Fri May 28 15:02:38 CEST 2010

On 28.05.2010 14:33, andrew wrote:

> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:23:18PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>
>> andrew <andrew.david.52 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I am experiencing freezing without error messages with radio
>>> streams on the current svn MPlayer.
>>
>> I can confirm the issue, it is a regression.
>
> Thank you Carl Eugen, I am relieved that it is not my newly
> installed system :).

This is broken since r31198, see the thread "Streaming EOF reached
problem r31217"
<http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2010-May/080138.html>, subsequent
attempts to fix the issue changed the MPlayer behavior a little.

I patch stream/cache2.c locally to revert changes made to the file since
r31197, keeping only spelling corrections. Resulting MPlayer builds work
fine.

--
Regards

Ilja