[MPlayer-users] Build guide

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Fri Jan 29 05:41:35 CET 2010

After spending the last two days diddling and patching and what-not I have
come up with a guide on how to build mplayer/mencoder/x264/ffmpeg from
scratch. I just finished it and it needs some tidying up but I hope it comes
in useful:

http://24hourloop.com/

After the latest changes that went into mplayer necessitating a move to the
minGW runtime 3.15 I don't think any of the currently active guides apply
any longer.

I realize that there are other ways of doing this but this was a pretty
comprehensive and, more importantly for me, successful approach at doing
this. I hate building these things under Windows and Linux is so much more
programmer-friendly but I believe this is why these guides are particularly
handy.

There were quite a few peculiarities and hurdles and I am fairly certain I
did not cover all of them but as I was frantically working away at getting
things built I was probably a tad careless in taking notes. Any feedback or
corrections are appreciated.

Thanks to the mplayer team for providing such a fine product.

And yes, I shall still (now finally) provide feedback on the
multiplexer/TrueHD issue.

/re