[MPlayer-users] Sync Problems dumping DVD audio

John Brown johnbrown_105 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 16:02:50 CET 2010

On Wed, December 29, 2010 11:44:47 AM GMT, Sebastien wrote:

> The problem is that I dont want to manually add silence to the files. I wonder
>why
>  if I make a -ao pcm, the output shoulöd be same length, because it should be
> outputting zeroes, shouldn't it?

I agree that the output should be the same length if the inputs are the same
length. Are you *sure* that in the problem cases the English and German audio
input tracks (AC3) are the same length (milliseconds), or are you just making
an assumption?

I understand that you do not want to introduce another step in your process, but
you may have to. Since only a small number of DVDs are affected, and you have
a way to detect the problem before producing the final result (the audio file
sizes
are different), the extra step should not be too much work, even if you cannot
find
a way to script it.

Regards,
Alias John Brown.