[MPlayer-users] Optimize video output from tv card

Michael auslands-kv at gmx.de
Thu Sep 17 10:27:32 CEST 2009

Hello again

I have another question. I got everything running so far. It is looking
great and CPU usage is below 40% for camera and video clips.

I have one strange effect, however:

I want to blend in a small logo using the bmov filter. It works great for
the videos. CPU usage does not increase much at all. However, when I use the
bmov filter with the external camera, CPU usage goes up to 100%. Strangely,
this is totally independent of the logo, meaning I get the 100% CPU usage
also when I use the bmov filter, but don't send the logo to the fifo at all.
Just specifying the bmov filter increases CPU usage to 100%.

Does anybody have an idea, what this is due to?

Thanks and best regards from Switzerland

Michael