[MPlayer-users] Slave command "panscan" doesn't work with frontends.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Sep 1 18:47:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 10:12:38AM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> On 08/27/2009 12:55 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> >>
> >> Ok, that was helpful, I now reset vo_fullscreen to 1 after going in and
> >> out of fullscreen mode and that seems to correct it.
> >
> > I am working on splitting the fullscreen and aspect mode stuff into
> > different variable/options/whatever.
> > It might take some time to finish, but if it would add too much ugly code
> > on your side it might make sense to not add support yet.
> > As always, if it is bad to use or so feel free to tell me, sometimes
> > it's just too hard but sometimes I just don't know what kind of issues
> > those frontend coders have ;-)
>
> A user reported to me that the ASS subtitles appear to be positioned off
> screen when using panscan in a window with the -fs option enabled.
>
> I'll take a look at it here, but wanted to give you a heads up as well.

ASS tries to place the subtitles "intelligently" but with huge panscan
values it seems to get it wrong. This happens just as much in normal
fullscreen, try playing some files with extreme values like -aspect 0.4
and you get the same with normal MPlayer and -fs (I tested with
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/Matroska/mewmew/mewmew-vorbis-ssa.mkv ).