[MPlayer-users] mencoder doesn't work with -vf remove-logo ?

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 07:55:50 CET 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 18:18:54 +0100
Peter Daum <gator_ml at yahoo.de> wrote:

> ... actually, I am pretty confident, that given the context "does not
> work" is pretty clear, meaning: all that mencoder does is emit said
> messages.

You are certainly wrong.  In fact you still haven't made it at all
clear... I can't imagine any scenario where mencoder would just output 8
lines of messages and do nothing.

> I also think that most people would interpret phrases like
> "incompatible with this codec", "Unsupported Pixel format" ... as
> indications of some sort of error, except that they are also printed
> when everything seems to work as expected.

I have no idea why you want to spend time and effort arguing with
someone trying to help you...  Unlike Oliver, I (and most-likely
everyone else here) would simply have ignored your report and moved on.

> I didn't quote the command line, because the details didn't seem to
> matter
> However, as I meanwhile found out, there is one detail that _does_
> matter:

It's nice that you found out you were, undeniably incorrect, and yet
still felt the need to come back and argue that you've done everything
right, AND still not provide the information requested.

Even if you weren't completely wrong, what makes you think people
here will do mental gymnastics to try and divine useful information out
of what little detail you decide they need?

And to add insult to injury, you top-post your reply, which is forbidden
on this list.

--
Ha. I'm the idiot.