[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS + H264 (again)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Nov 7 12:21:55 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 01:23:07PM +0100, Colin Rosenthal wrote:
> We have the following problems:
>
> i) tsprog is ignored. We get all channels and can tab between them.

That is a bug and has been fixed with around SVN r29847 (actually the
mplayer.c commit a few revisions before is the critical one, but that
and the other one are useful/important, too).

> ii) there is no sound

Probably due to missing PMT or some other breakage in the stream,
MPlayer seems unable to determine the format of the audio stream.
Probably the same problem that causes the file not to play at all
without -demuxer lavf.

> iii) One of the channels (the first one found) causes mplayer to freeze
> after a couple of seconds playing. If we quickly tab
> to another channel, mplayer continues to play.

Probably "fixed" with -nocorrect-pts. I guess the file is broken in a
way that causes a frame to have a very long duration, and particularly
with -correct-pts MPlayer will be happy with any frame duration even
if it is beyond the end of universe.