[MPlayer-users] Frame rate for MTS files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 6 10:36:56 CET 2009

Christoph Schmid <smyp <at> morbidcornflakes.ch> writes:

> Adding "-demuxer lavf -nocorrect-pts" seems to work,

> with "-mc 1" a/v gets out of sync.

Hard to believe.
Could you upload the sample?
Some of my samples fail with -demuxer lavf -nocorrect-pts, but I have not yet
seen a (PAFF) sample that doesn't work with -mc 1.
Or do you mean there is some jitter with -mc 1 and that is why you prefer
-demuxer lavf -nocorrect-pts? That is of course reproducible.

> Reading the mplayer man page and
> googling a bit I still don't really understand what the "nocorrect-pts"
> option does.

It is explained in the man page:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html

Carl Eugen