[MPlayer-users] MPlayer "seek bug"

Diogo Franco diogomfranco at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 13:41:14 CEST 2008

Em Sáb, 2008-06-14 às 00:58 +0200, Fulvio Peruggi escreveu:

> Brief description of the bug
>
> Create an AVI movie by muxing a MPEG-4 (DivX) video file and an AC3 audio file
> by means of MEncoder. Use MPlayer to play the movie and use the arrow keys to
> jump forward or backward in the movie. Any time you press an arrow key the
> video jumps where you want, but the audio restarts from the beginning of the
> movie.
>
> Long description of the bug
[snip]

> Problems arise when I use MPlayer to display the movie. If I simply play the
> movie, everything is fine: good display and correct audio output sent to the
> six channels. However, if I try to skip forward or backward into the movie by
> pressing the arrow keys on the keyboard, the video jumps to the correct
> section, while the audio restarts from the very beginning of the movie! So.
> e.g., I reach and watch the mid part of the movie, but at the same time I
> hear the ouverture theme that should be played 30 minutes ago...

I've seen this on Linux too, on the status line the A: number grows very
rapidly, A-V too and ct increases but slower than the other numbers.
When I seek, the audio restarts as in the bug description.  MEncoder's
output on the console is completely normal. This happens with or without
ODML, and whether you convert the whole file, just parts of it with
-endpos or cancels it in the middle.

My encoding line for this test was:

mencoder $INPUT -ovc lavc -oac lavc -o tmp.avi -endpos 30

The input is MKV(H.264+AAC).

My m{player,encoder} version is dev-SVN-r27056-4.2.3, built yesterday.