[MPlayer-users] best combination of mplayer,ffmpeg,x264

Heinz Wiesinger HMWiesinger at bnet.at
Mon Jun 9 11:11:42 CEST 2008

Hi!

I'm a contributor to SlackBuilds.org, which is a repository of build-scripts
for making Slackware-packages.
We are currently discussing for the most appropriate moment to update ffmpeg
and x264. We rely on the releases of mplayer and I think, there might be
problems if we just update ffmpeg/x264 and leave mplayer behind. So I was
thinking of updating ffmpeg and x264 everytime a new mplayer version gets
released.
However, I'm not quite sure my assumption that there would be problems when
using an older mplayer with recent x264/ffmpeg snapshots is correct. As you
know probably more about such situations than me I thought of asking for your
opinion on this.

Kind regards,
Heinz Wiesinger