[MPlayer-users] mencoder stops in the middle of input file

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri May 4 13:08:04 CEST 2007

Joey Parrish <joey.parrish <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 5/3/07, Yonatan Krauss <yonatan_krauss <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Sorry for the lack of info, I am using mencoder on windows. I ripped the DVD
using DVDecoder in IFO mode, and
> am trying to compress the resulting VOB file. I am using mencoder version rc1
3.4.2. I have tried several
> encoding parameters so the exact command line is not so important I think.
>
> What you should try is ripping the DVD directly with mencoder.  It
> works far better than VOBs, because VOBs are multiple files.  With
> direct DVD access, each DVD title is treated as a unit.
>
> Try something like "mencoder dvd://1 -dvd-device E:" on windows for title #1.
>
> --Joey

joey... i think this is related to largefile bug on mingw...

Yonatan, can you please try this mingw build? it has largefile support, which
might fix the problem.
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

or try joey's cygwin builds: http://armory.nicewarrior.org/projects/cygmp/

-compn