[MPlayer-users] Forcing keyframes with x.264 possible?

Mark Daniel Reidel mplayer-users at mark.reidel.info
Thu Feb 1 21:17:57 CET 2007

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> In almost all cases, new chaters begin with a new scene. Maybe you
> could tweak the scene detection settings of x264?

They only begin with a new scene if the person responsible for the
chapters set them accordingly. I can tell you about a heap of movies
where a new chapter starts about 3 or 4 frames after a key frame,
shortly after a blending-in starts. And that's where I miss several
seconds :o(

>> I thought
>> about modifying the divx2pass.log-file, but I have no idea how, since
>> there's no documentation for it :o(

> This file isn't meant to be read by a random Joe User you know ;-)

That's what I already guessed ;o) but that wouldn't stop anyone who
knows its format to describe it, does it?

	- Mark