[MPlayer-users] How to set volume at startup ?

Bertrand Florat bertrand at florat.net
Sat Dec 1 18:40:59 CET 2007

Hi,

I know this question has already been discussed several times on this list but I
never found any proper response in archives so far. I didn't found any reply in
manual neither.

What I want to do is to set mplayer volume at startup  using the volume value
like we do in slave mode (volume 2 10 for 10% or instance).

I can't set volume using slave mode command just after mplayer startup because
otherwise, we hear sound few ms from the mplayer startup and before mplayer
actually consumes the slave volume command.

The nearest related option I found so far is -af volume=[gain] with gain from
-200 (mute) to 60 (max). Does it mean there's not other way to set volume and we
have to use a Volume = 100/260 *(Gain + 200) function and use -af command ?

Please enlight me...

--
Bertrand Florat
www.florat.net