[MPlayer-users] first time... lots of errors

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Jun 17 07:28:24 CEST 2006

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 00:21:34 +0100
Tom Kirkpatrick <tom at kirkdesigns.co.uk> wrote:

> So, what do I need to do to get it to recognize this?
> I have the file /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix/radeon_vid.so... is that
>  not the driver?

You don't really need vidix working, so you can safely ignore the
messages.

If you really want to get it working, you have to run mplayer as root,
or use the dhahelper program.  Even so, your particular card might be
too new to be supported.

> 3) ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec wmv8ds32.ax.

> so I downloaded the W32 codecs (essential) and placed them into
> /usr/local/lib/codecs

>From the output, it's obviously not finding the codec.  Make sure you
really have  "/usr/local/lib/codecs/wmv8ds32.ax", and post the MD5 sum.