[MPlayer-users] Re: playing videos over WLAN link

Sebastian Kaps seb at sauerland.de
Wed Jan 18 18:42:47 CET 2006

Hi!

> Well, first check if your CPU usage is nearing 100%.  That seems the
> most likely explanation...

No that doesn't seem to be a problem. The box has a 700 MHz Celeron
Mobile CPU. I did benchmark mplayer once and the CPU usage was near to
zero IIRC. Also I have a hard drive built into this box and I can play
files from it without any problems.

> Also try various values for -cache, from -nocache to perhaps 30000.

I have only 64 MB RAM in this box. So 30MB cache is probably too much.
I was hoping that someone could give me a better hint on how to optimize
the cache settings.

--
Ciao, Sebastian