[MPlayer-users] mencoder status line

DaveG mplayer01 at dgmm.net
Sun Jan 1 13:36:51 CET 2006

Could someone please point me in the direction of an explanation in the docs,
or even just explain to me, the meaning of the mencoder status line?

Pos: 168.1s   4640f (90%) 35fps Trem:   1min  56mb  A-V:-0.018 [2378:192]

Most of it is obvious, even to me, but the last three figures after A-V I'm
guessing at..

The first decimal figure appears to to be counting down in thousandths,
possibly duration from a keyframe or maybe A/V sync?  The second two appear
to relate to audio and video bitrates, the second one (192 in this case)
being the audio bitrate..

Is the larger figure (2378 in the above case) the estimated bitrate for the
current frame or some form of average?

No, I'm not using CVS and yes, I read the docs online at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML-single/en/MPlayer.html.  Either I missed
the info or it's not there.

Note.  I found this
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML-single/en/MPlayer.html#id2871386 for
mplayer, but nothing similar for mencoder.

--
Dave