[MPlayer-users] midentify ID_LENGTH wrong on mpegs, another option?

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:31:13 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 09:22:09AM -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 2/1/06, Giacomo Comes <comes at naic.edu> wrote:
> >
> > mencoder source.mpg -ovc copy -nosound -o /dev/null -quiet 2>&1 | awk
> > '/^Video stream:/{print $10+$10/$12}'
> >
> > Giacomo
> >

> doesn't seem to work with PS files...
>
> success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x50
> ============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
> === If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author!
> ===
> Cannot open demuxer.

Are you sure the file is ok? It looks like mencoder cannot handle it at all.
Very strange. May be somebody else have a clude about that.

Personally I have always been successful with the command line I give you,
but I cannot pretend to have tested it with all kind of existing multimedia
file.

Giacomo