[MPlayer-users] Re: BUG - Garbled output playing realaudio

Bryan Alton balton at eircom.net
Sun Oct 16 09:40:44 CEST 2005

> If large gaps of 15-25 secs occur, then the cache is likely to be depleted
> by the time packets are inserted and the audio stream will break up. In
> these circumstance the patch will close Mplayer down with an EOF if the
> cache stays at 0% for about 10 seconds.  This will force users to restart
> rather than wait and hope that the stream may build up the cache and
> stabilise which can't happen with a real-time live stream.

This behaviour doesn't work when Mplayer output is piped to another process
or outputs to a file. In these circumstances cache goes to 0% and more or
less stays at zero since the output device can accept data faster than the
real stream supplies it.

Therefore I am removing this piece of code.  The attached patch has the
offending code removed.