[MPlayer-users] Mono stream change in behaviour

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Oct 2 17:28:03 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 03:04:00PM +0000, Neil Sleightholm wrote:
> In the documentation for the -channel option it says: "Change the
> number of playback channels (default: 2)." and "unless mixing from mono
> to stereo, then the mono channel is repeated in both output channels".

Where? It's no there in my version (latest CVS).

> In my application of mplayer this can cause the output to be played
> back a double speed. I can fix this by using the "-channels 2" option

Why does that happen? How are you using MPlayer?

> but I would prefer to see the old default restored.

The old "default" just plain did and could not work as soon as you used
any filter. Thus I do not see any chance of this being restored.
And using -channels 2 is wrong for what you want to achieve (IMHO), -af
channels=2 is the right way.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger