[MPlayer-users] Decoding rental divx

Santiago Muelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Fri Mar 11 13:45:13 CET 2005

Hello, users of the great MPlayer.
I would like to use MPlayer to see some films that I can rent trough
Internet.
Usually I'm in Linux, althought I can go to Windows. The films downloaded
can be viewed only in Windows with a viewer called DivX Player. The
quality is very good.
If I try to use MPlayer in Linux, as I do always, the sound is o.k. but
the screen is totally broken into small rectangles and strange colors. I
guess, there should be some kind of coding protection on the film, as
there are continuous messages of "frames broken" and other stuff.
Has anyone tried the same kind of thing? Do anyone knows if this can be
arranged?
Thanks to any help.
Sa.Mu.