[MPlayer-users] ATI + Xorg + XV?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Mar 4 20:59:14 CET 2005

Hi,
On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 02:29:56PM -0400, Peace Monk wrote:
> here are some info on his machine:
> Mandrake 10.1
> Kernel 2.6.8
> Xorg
> ATI 9200 with tv out (installed latest ATi drivers)

Whether the ati binary drivers drivers have any advantage at all versus
the opensource ones is still a matter of discussion *g* (for the 9200
there is even OpenSource 3D support AFAIK)

> When I play a movie file with -vo x11, xv option, all I get is a full

Do you mean with -vo x11 or do you mean with -vo xv or do you mean you
tried both??

> If xv is not supported on ATI cards, is there any other option we can
> use with tv out for mplayer?

First, what kind of setup do you have? I suppose you have (or at least
can) connect a monitor too? I meant e.g. Xinerame, DualView etc...
xv will usually work only on the primary display, whereas -vo x11 and
-vo gl should work on the secondary, too. But x11 and probably also gl
will not sync to vblank, so it might look ugly (e.g. ugly flicker).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger