[MPlayer-users] Bug Report: jpeg to avi is broken

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 16 22:21:33 CEST 2005

Philip Walden wrote:

> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>
>> On 7/4/05, Philip Walden <pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net> wrote:
>> [..]

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am still planning to work on this, but I have not had the free
>>> time yet.
>>>
>>> I have played around a bit to notice that with the 1.0pre7, that the
>>> top
>>> 20 lines (or so) of the playback are roughly correct, the lower rest of
>>> the image is displaying the incorrect frames. Would this fact point
>>> to a
>>> buffer that is not being reset or loaded correctly? I ideas as which
>>> routines to look at under gdb?
>>>

>> Just FYI, current CVS do no suffer from the swscale bug anymore.
>>
>> Guillaume
>>

> Ok I built the 20050707 CVS tree, and now it nolonger core dumps.
>
> However the original problem remains,
>
> "The first 100 frames of the rendered movie seem to alternate between
> a the first and a blank frame, then it switches to alternating between
> the first and a frame much further along. As the movie progresses, the
> frames slowly change but always are out of order"

Any suggestions as to where to look for the source of the problem?

So far I have followed through gdb that the demux_mf seems to be opening
and reading the files successfully. At that point I seems to be stuck.
The output results seem to indicate that either the output processor is
not getting to the next frame or or the new input frame is not being
read into the right place.