[MPlayer-users] bug: subtitles incorrectly displayed with movie coded with matroska codec

Savchenko Andrew Bircoph at list.ru
Wed Jan 26 20:20:49 CET 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to see matroska movie with external russian subtitles. They're
incorrectly displayed, most symblols are replaced by "_" symbol. This occur
only if I play film coded by matroska codec; with all other codecs subtitles
are correctly displayed. Moreover, when I recode this movie to mpeg4 with the
help of mencoder the bug disappear.

Original subtitles (and OSD fonts) are in cp1251 encoding, when I recode
subtitles to koi8-r (and change fonts correspondingly) the bug remains.

If option -subcp cp1251 (or koi8-r) is used, all symbols except punctuation
characters are replaced by "_" symbol.

This bug is observed in mplayer-1.0pre5, mplayer-1.0pre5try2 and
mplayer-1.0pre6a, so I don't check the latest CVS version.

Example of matroska file and russian subtitles is uploaded to
ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/matroska

I don't put the output of mplayer -v due to abcense error and warning
messages, if someone need it or other information, please let me know.