[MPlayer-users] P-4 specific mplayer bug with fedora core 1

joe joe at tmsusa.com
Sat Mar 13 21:35:31 CET 2004

I have 4 fedora core 1 desktop systems, 2 P3 and 2 P4.

They all have the freshrpms mplayer packages installed:

mplayer-fonts-1.1-2.fr
mplayer-1.0-0.5.pre2.20031107.fr
mplayer-skins-1.3-3.fr

They all have the w32codecs package installed:

w32codec-0.52-1

All 4 of the systems play ogg, mp3, quicktime, mpg, and dvds etc just fine -

Here is the weird thing:

On attempting to play a particular wmv file, both P3 systems play it
just fine, every time, but the on the P4 systems mplayer crashes, every
time, with a signal 11 as shown below. Any pointers are appreciated -
even if you tell me I have to compile from tarballs in order to use mplayer.

Playing ringofdeath.wmv.
ASF file format detected.
============ ASF Stream group == START ===
 object size = 38
 stream count=[0x2][2]
   stream id=[0x1][1]
   max bitrate=[0x4511][17681]
   stream id=[0x2][2]
   max bitrate=[0x22638][140856]
============ ASF Stream group == END ===
VIDEO:  [WMV3]  320x240  24bpp
Clip info:
 name: The Ring Video 2.9
 author:
 copyright:
 comments:
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 16000 Hz, 1 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 2000->32000 (16.0 kbit)
Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm:ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (ffmpeg))
vo: X11 running at 1152x864 with depth 16 and 16 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
Opening video decoder: [dmo] DMO video codecs

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_video_codec
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
possible bug.