[MPlayer-users] mplayer sound over ssh ?

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at peaktime.be
Wed Jun 30 16:31:06 CEST 2004

rcooley wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:14:20 +0200
> Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at peaktime.be> wrote:
>

>>Actually, one can setup ssh to forward *any* specific TCP port.
>

> Yes, I am very, very well aware of that.  I've been using the
> functionality for a very long time.

I'm interested. How exactly do you do it? Specifically, do you know a
way to do it to a Win32 machine? (I mean I would like my X-server, which
is cygwin-xfree under W2k, to have sound too, possibly using SDL or ARTS
on the client side)

--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles