[MPlayer-users] Some TV Out problems... NO-SPAM

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 15:32:56 CET 2004

Malte Horst Arthur Skoruppa wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:

>> I can't help you with your problem as a whole, however; I have much
>> the same difficulty myself, and have never been able to get VIDIX
>> to work.
>>
> I managed to solve the problem by specifying my drivers explicitely
> with -vo xvidix:radeon_vid.so (at least ist starts and plays the
> video)

In my case, that doesn't help; I have an nVidia card, and nvidia_vid A)
claims "Can't find chip" when I run with -vo xvidix -v, and B) reports
"warning: forcing not supported yet!" and *then* "Can't find chip" when
I use -vo xvidix:nvidia_vid.so. (Unless I don't run it as root, in which
case it tries to scan for the chip and then says "Operation not
permitted". I don't know what it isn't getting permission on, but that
can wait until I get the main thing working...)

This is exactly as would be expected if I *didn't* have an nVidia card,
but since I *do* it's at best annoying. Fortunately I have other
quite-workable video output methods, but I'd like to be able to have
this work, especially since I think it could well offer a performance
improvement over my other options.

--
       The Wanderer