[MPlayer-users] Mplayer crashes with wmv-files

Kimmo Vuorinen kimmo_lists at palsi.net
Sun Feb 8 10:23:59 CET 2004

Stan Gammons wrote:
> Does it give a segmentation fault?

Yes, MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_video_codec

> I also have a problem with mplayer as well as Gmplayer running on an
> Athlon 700.  I've about concluded that it just doesn't work properly
> with any of the Athlon processors. Xine doesn't play the same wmv file
> either, so I think it's has something to do with the Athlon. I'm using a
> Matrox G200 video card with 8 mb of memory and a M7MKA motherboard with
> 256 mb of memory.

Yes, it might ber Athlon related as we tested same file yesterday with
mplayer compiled in machine experiencing problems on Pentium 4 machine
and it played file without problems.

> I can get mplayer to play wmv files IF i force it to use the proper
> codec, for example -vc wmv9dmo to play a wmv9 file. Nothing I have tried
> thus far has made the gui work. It just stops after it tried to load the
> skin from the second search directory. A control C does bring up a
> dialog box with a error message saying "mplayer interrupted by signal 2
> in module unknown.  I haven't tried compiling it without 3dnow and
> 3dnow2 support. I may try that next and see if the same thing happens.

Its also weird that mplayer plays those problem files when I try
multiple times, 5-15 crashes and then I am watching the video :)