[MPlayer-users] How to use YUV input

Lennert Acke lennert.acke at easynet.be
Sun Apr 18 14:27:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have an assignment foor a class on Multimedia, in which I have to
encode/decode RAW video files in YUV 4:2:0 format (352x288,30fps) for
starters. Then I also have to do some scene description stuff using XMT
and BIFS, ... But that's not your problem.

Now, as I understood from the manpages, it would be possible for mplayer
to handle these RAW files using the -rawvideo option. Alas, I think I'm
using the wrong options or something, because this is what mplayer gives me:

lacke at lennert XMT $ mplayer crew_352x288_30.yuv -rawvideo
on:fps=30:qcif:w=352:h=288:y420
MPlayer 0.92-3.3.2  (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
MMX supported but disabled
MMX2 supported but disabled
3DNow supported but disabled
3DNowExt supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions:

Reading config file /usr/share/mplayer/mplayer.conf
Reading config file /home/lacke/.mplayer/config
Reading /home/lacke/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/home/lacke/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 50 audio & 136 video codecs
font: can't open file: /home/lacke/.mplayer/font/font.desc
Font /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)
Failed to open /dev/rtc: No such file or directory (mplayer should be
setuid root or /dev/rtc should be readable by the user.)
Using usleep() timing
Can't open input config file /home/lacke/.mplayer/input.conf: No such
file or directory
Input config file /usr/share/mplayer/input.conf parsed: 52 binds

Playing crew_352x288_30.yuv
rawvideo: img size not specified and unknown format!
No stream found.

Exiting... (End of file)

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

Your help is much appreciated,