[MPlayer-users] New Problem....

Kevin Collins kcollins at qx.net
Tue Jan 21 02:20:14 CET 2003

Ok, finally got it working...sorta.  I get video, not sound.

Here is a copy of the mplayer output:

DVD successfully opened!
Detected MPEG-PS file format!
VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x480  (aspect 3)  29.97 fps  12250.0 kbps (1531.2
kbyte/s)
Detected audio codec: [a52] afm:14 (AC3-liba52)
Requested audio codec family [a52] (afm=14) not available (enable it at
compile time!)
Couldn't initialize audio codec! -> nosound

I looked at the Codecs DOCS page and nothing jumped out at me (DOH!).

So what have I screwed up now?  Anything else needed to help diag this
problem?

Thanks in advance.

- Kevin L. Collins, MCSE                      Reqistered Linux
User:268269
-                                             http://counter.li.org
SuSE Linux 8.1 Pro
"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies
the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry
penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph.  They'd be a lot more
careful about what they say if they had."
--Linus Torvalds, announcing Linux v2.0