[MPlayer-users] BUG with -vop pp=help

Filip Kalinski filon at pld.org.pl
Fri Jan 3 00:31:34 CET 2003

Dnia Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 04:58:33PM -0500, D Richard Felker III  co następuje:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 10:27:04PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > After "mplayer -vop pp=help" mplayer prints the help information (this
> > > is right :-) and leaves the console in a state that any inputted text
> > > doesn't appear on it (this is wrong :).
> > >
> > > Bug in up-to-date CVS version.
> >
> > yes, it's a known issue. there was a discussion on -dev-eng list few months
> > ago. the problem is that libpostproc should be mplayer-independent so it
> > cannot exit mplayer cleanly (calling exit_player()) and if getch2() was
> > inited before then console will remain unusable.
> >
> > there was no better (and acceptable) solution, so we left it as is.
>
> IMO the solution is to remove pp=help and put the info in the man
> page. The whole thing is nonsense as-is.

The other solution could be providing exit_hook() function varaiable which
would be initialy NULL, and could be set to some library user function
,in our case exit_player(). Before exiting it would be checked if it is
not null and then executed.

--
Filip Kalinski <filon at pld.org.pl>