[MPlayer-users] DVD - Split Screen

Stefan Recksiegel sr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 27 13:30:55 CET 2003

Hi,

> Ah. I think I'm running it around 70Hz. That's probably the issue. I find that
> at 16bpp the video looks muddy.

Didn't you say that you are using XV ?
Then you must be one of those people that can hear the difference between
a normal and a 50$ powercord to your amplifier. The XV output is completely
independent of the normal colourspace of your desktop. The desktop shows
some chroma key which is then replaced by the movie picture by the graphics
adapter before the whole screen is output to the monitor.

Stefan

* Stefan Recksiegel                stefan AT recksiegel.de *
* Universität Dortmund             genion +49-231-996 9835 *
* Theoretische Physik III            home +49-231-758 1394 *
* D-44221 Dortmund / Germany       mobile +49-179-750 2854 *