[MPlayer-users] Encoding from multiple input image files

Virtuoso virtuoso2001 at tin.it
Wed Feb 26 01:48:35 CET 2003

Hello. i have a problem,maybe with ffmpeg.

Im using :

->freebsd 5.0
->ffmpeg 0.4.6
->libjpeg-6b_1

With my creative usb 3 webcam, i've captured a lot of jpg files of myself.
>From these jpg's i want to build an avi movie. And then , i've tried to do :

mencoder -mf on:w=800:h=600:fps=2 -ovc lavc -vop scale=800:600 -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=896:vhq:vqmin=2:vqmax=31:vpass=1 -sws 2 -o mario.avi
\*.jpg

im sure that the original jpg's have a very good quality. i've already given
them to some friends to be sure of the quality. The problem is that the
movie built by myself is very bad because the colors are only 3. I've given
the same jpg's files to my friend and he has tried to build a movie for
himself. He said that its very good.
The only difference between the software we use is given by ffmpeg ,i use
0.4.6 ,he uses 0.4.5. Now i ask to you why my movie is very bad ?

thanks.