[MPlayer-users] which card with tvout

Marc Lensink marc.lensink at rug.ac.be
Mon Feb 24 13:26:43 CET 2003

Hi,

I recently screwed up my fabulous video card, and now I have to buy a
new one. It was a matrox MGA G200 with TVout, that I was extremely
satisfied with, especially since I could watch full screen video on
the TV with only a Celeron 300MHz (Mendocino) CPU behind it, using
/dev/mga_vid.

The main purpose of the new card would be the same.

My question is, which card with TVout do you mplayer users recommend?

Is there an alternative to matrox? If not, can I go for the G550, or
should I stick to an earlier version?

Any response is greatly appreciated,

Marc