[MPlayer-users] Still no sound in QT6/AAC movie

qmail at greboguru.org qmail at greboguru.org
Sun Feb 23 02:57:49 CET 2003

I read your message last week, and have been anticipating it's reply, as
I too cannot get any audio from a Quicktime file, other Quicktime files
work, but this type that uses audio format 0x6134706D, still appears to
elude me, I've tried it with faad (didn't compile) faad2 latest release,
and faad2 from CVS, none of which worked. Haven't managed to get the
audio in xine, but I'm using the stable debian xine, so it wasn't built
against faad-libs.

For posterity:

Playing boogaloolivel_300.mov
QuickTime/MOV file format detected.
Compressed header uses zlib algo!
Compressed header size: 57719 / 138576
--------------
MOV: WARNING: Variable FOURCC detected!?
MOV track #0: 2 chunks, 2 samples
Generic track - not completly understood! (id: 0)
--------------
MOV track #1: 1 chunks, 0 samples
MOV: Found unknown movie atom prjp (12)!
Image size: 420 x 403 (24 bpp)
Display size: 420 x 403
Fourcc: jpeg  Codec: 'Photo - JPEG'
--------------
MOV track #2: 1 chunks, 0 samples
Generic track - not completly understood! (id: 2)
--------------
MOV track #3: 1 chunks, 0 samples
Generic track - not completly understood! (id: 3)
--------------
MOV track #4: 1291 chunks, 8066 samples
MOV: Found MPEG4 movie Elementary Stream Descriptor atom (69)!
Image size: 400 x 225 (24 bpp)
Display size: 400 x 225
Fourcc: mp4v  Codec: 'MPEG-4 Video'
--------------
MOV track #5: 1545 chunks, 13894 samples
Audio bits: 16  chans: 2  rate: 44100
Audio extra header: len=103  fcc=0x77617665
Fourcc: mp4a
--------------
MOV: longest streams: A: #5 (13894 samples)  V: #4 (8066 samples)
Clip info:
 author: Adrian Sherwood/Real World Multimedia
 copyright: Real World Records
 name: Boogaloo (Waving Not Raving Live Mix)
 encoder: Made with LiveStage Pro
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: Failed to initialize the decoder!
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
*** Try to upgrade /home/herbie/.mplayer/codecs.conf from
etc/codecs.conf
*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6134706D.
vo: X11 running at 1024x768 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
Disabling DPMS
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 400 x 225 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [x11] 400x225 => 400x225 Planar YV12
Using MMX2 for colorspace transform
SwScaler: using unscaled Planar YV12 -> BGR 32-bit special converter
ac-tex damaged at 4 14
Error at MB: 354
concealing errors
Error at MB: 3540%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%
concealing errors
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
V: 322.6  8066  11%  5%  0.0% 0 0 0%
Successfully enabled DPMS

and I was so excited at the thought of finally being able to view almost
all video files under linux, and proper fullscreen which is something
apple still don't seem to have thought off.

Otherwise kudos to the mplayer team for an excellent (and needed) piece
of software.