[MPlayer-users] Question about video modes and mplayer startup...

Dan ayahuasca at internode.on.net
Sat Feb 22 11:44:36 CET 2003

Hi all.

I have an ATI Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO. I can get tv-out working by running
a script such as:

atitvout -r auto
for I in *
do
         mplayer -vo xv -ao alsa9 -double $I
done

When atitvout runs, the monitor goes blank and the TV doesn nothing.
When mplayer runs, it does something magic and the monitor and TV come
alive!

Currently I can ONLY get tv-out working with movies.
Does anyone know what is happening to activate the TV and monitor
display, and how I can trigger it in other cases (games, surfing net, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Dan