[MPlayer-users] will mplayer do a 3:2 pulldown on 24 fps video when ofps=29.97?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 21 22:57:16 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 02:36:28PM -0500, mplayer at interlinx.bc.ca wrote:
> Just as a corner case, have you decided what you are going to do
> if you have two differently telecined images in the same frame?  i.e.
> the broadcaster is sending an NTSC telecined stream but overlays (like
> PIP) another telecined image into the original, where the telecining
> patterns are not in sync.  :-)

Nope... Unfortunately something similar actually happens in the Lain
DVDs I wrote detc for, but it's not quite so bad there, just a blend
of progressive and telecine material in the same frames. My filter's
still not working perfectly on them, so I just use -vop pp=lb,detc to
blur out any remaining interlacing (usually only a couple frames)
after removing what I can of the telecine. The output is acceptable,
IMHO, but I'd still like to improve it. Any suggestions how?

Rich