[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon 8500 Vid Card

Tue Feb 18 20:55:15 CET 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Stefan Lange wrote:

SL>That is not completely true: With the free drivers from the DRI project
SL>(dri.sf.net), which will also be included in XF86 4.3.0 soon, you can
SL>also get 3D acceleration. It's still significantly slower than the
SL>firegl-drivers, and it lacks some features, but it's definitely more
SL>than "no 3D". xv and (x)vidix also work fine with these drivers.

It's definitely good, but slower 3d... Strange thing, firegl drivers are
really fast, when I tried accelerated X (www.xig.com), with their
drivers I've got 2000 fps in glxgears, while with xfree+fglrx I get
2600. Also I got problems configuring it. And they claim to have best
and fastest X-server ever, ha...

--

Vladimir