[MPlayer-users] Re: Can't find any good output driver for Radeon QL (8500LE)

Tue Feb 18 20:50:58 CET 2003

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, James Stembridge wrote:

JS>This is a known incompatability between xvidix and the fglrx drivers.
JS>I posted a couple of patches to dev-eng that solved this but they
JS>made radeon_vid dependent on X which was deemed a bad idea (which it
JS>is really).  If you search the archive you should be able to find the
JS>fix.

Thanks, bad patterns are gone, but now I see some artifacts... To get
rid of them I should have limited video memory, right? Or is it
something else?

JS>I have no idea why this might be happening, though you mentioned in
JS>your previous message that X would hang if a different value of
JS>VideoRam were used which doesn't really suggest that everything is
JS>working properly here.

Yeah... I wonder if it is problem with my system or driver in general.

--

Vladimir